Thursday 21 June 2012

Forever Favourites

Hi guys!

Feels like forever since I've posted! I've been really busy job hunting and attending interviews etc. Yesterday I got my degree result- a 2.1! I'm really happy and cant wait to graduate next month!

I thought I'd introduce a new thread to my blog with this post. 'Forever Favourites' will be a series that enables me to talk about my all-time favourite products; those which are staples in my collection and would or have re-purchased.

My first Forever Favourite is Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream.



This product is one which isn't usually raved about on beauty blogs and YouTube but I have noticed that a few have mentioned it recently due to Elizabeth Arden releasing a scent-free version. I have the original version and I must admit, the scent IS rather strong. I'd describe it as a 'medicated' smell, but I'm rubbish at describing scents so it's best you try and figure the scent out for yourself! That aside, the scent doesn't bother me, however if you have very sensitive skin then I'd recommend that you try the scent-free version.

Before I continue, I must say that I would NOT use this as a daily facial moisturiser! (Elizabeth Arden have formulated a moisturiser version, however) The back of the tube says it 'soothes minor skin irritations. Also for symptoms of chapping, peeling or flaking due to minor burns, sunburn, windburn, scrapes, abrasions or cracked lips'. The 'cream' (I'd call it a waxy gel) is said to have healed the scraped knees of one of Elizabeth's loyal client's sons in eight hours, hence the name.

I wouldn't use this as a daily facial moisturiser as it is simply too sticky and it sits on the skin for far too long. I do however, use it during the winter when my skin needs a little extra TLC: I slather on my regular moisturiser and then I warm some Eight Hour Cream between my fingers so it melts, and then apply over the top. It acts in a similar way to petroleum jelly; it locks in the moisturiser and allows it to work to it's full potential. I wouldn't sleep with it on though, as you're guaranteed that you'd wake up with your hair stuck to your face.

It's this longevity that makes it a popular product with makeup artists. I like to apply a small amount on the 'high points' on my face during the day if I want a dewy glow without any shimmer. It's also great as a lip balm.

My main use for this, however is on skin irritations. It is lovely to use on sunburn; I like to apply aloe vera gel to sunburn and then use this on my face. I just find that it takes more care of my face than aloe vera or other after-sun products. I also apply it if my skin has encountered a product it doesn't like! It definitely soothes the skin!

A full list of Eight Hour Cream's uses can be found here.

All in all, this product is great to have on hand at all times. I like to carry mine in my handbag so it's there for all of life's little emergencies!!! Definitely something that I would purchase again and again!

Don't forget to follow me on twitter! @BeautGirlsGuide






No comments:

Post a Comment