Thursday 1 December 2011

... Mascara!

I have been dreading this for a while... My Chanel mascara has given up the ghost! SOB.

As I spent rather a lot of money already this month, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a cheaper, drug-store mascara for the first time in about 5 years. In my local Boots store, there was a large promotion with the latest offering from Max Factor. The sales assistant assured me that this is 'THE BEST, DARLING', and I was sent on my way to the till with great trepidation.

The result of my bravery? I am hanging my head in shame. I was ready to dismiss this mascara and throw it across the room in a strop; yet I was pleasantly surprised. REALLY pleasantly surprised.

The results are better than the £20-odd Chanel mascara I have been using recently, so allow me to introduce Max Factor's False Lash Effect Fusion!




False Lash Effect Fusion provides everything that I look for in a mascara:
-Blacker than black pigmentation? Check!
-Lashes long enough to make a cow envious? Check!
-More volume than Beyonce's barnet? Check!

All in all, I'm a rather happy lady!

I only have two negative points to make:
- I don't like the wand. I prefer a traditional fibrous wand but if this little plastic thing makes my lashes that fabulous then I shouldn't really complain!
- The smell isn't great. Then again, I don't think I've ever encountered a 'nice smelling' mascara...

At £11.99, this mascara is a BARGAIN. Not the cheapest product on the market but I'm more than happy to pay £11.99 for these results! If the bargain price isn't enough to entice you; Max Factor cosmetics are currently 3 for 2 in both Boots AND Superdrug!

No comments:

Post a Comment